Facilities + ReservationsVIEW CALENDAR
The Omwake Pavilion is located in the center of the park, is handicap accessible and seats 75-85 people. It has electricity and charcoal grill availability. Indoor restrooms are in close proximity.
The Citizens Pavilion is located at the northern end of park, is handicap accessible and seats 75 people. It has electricity and charcoal grill availability. A handicap accessible port a pot is in close proximity.
The Nelson Pavilion is located at the southern end of the park, is handicap accessible and seats 75-85 people. It has electricity and charcoal grill availability. Indoor restrooms are in close proximity.
The Bandshell is located at the southern end of the park next to the Nelson Pavilion. It has electricity and lighting and can be used for small concerts or theater productions. Any group requesting use of the bandshell must get approval from the playground board. Indoor restrooms are in close proximity.
Rules & Regulations
(See below for additional notes regarding pavilions)
Hours – Dawn to Dusk
(except scheduled events and night tennis)
NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
No Metal Detectors
No Motorized Recreational Vehicles
No Horseback Riding
No Hitting Golf Balls
No Softball Permitted On Barkdoll Field
Horseshoes In Provided Areas Only
No Hitting Baseballs Against Chain Link Fence
No smoking permitted
No Metal Detecting allowed
No horses allowed in the playground
Dogs must be leashed and the handler must keep the dog under control at all times while on playground property
Pet Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets
No commercial inflatables allowed in the Playground
Playground not responsible for damages to your personal property
Building of fires is strictly prohibited, except in the designated charcoal grills provided
Users of the playground shall respect the rights of others and conduct themselves appropriately
Dangerous practices and endangering the safety of others is prohibited at all times
The cost of property damage shall be charged to the responsible person(s)
Specific to Pavilion Rentals
The Playground Board of Directors respectfully asks for your full cooperation in regard to the following rules and guidelines associated with pavilion use. The guidelines are designed to maintain the facilities for you and others’ future enjoyment and for the safety and general appearance of the playground.
1. Pavilion reservations should be made in advance by calling 717-597-8648
2. A reservation calendar showing pavilion availability is provided on our website
(jeromekingplayground.com) for your reference and convenience before calling the above
telephone number to make your final reservation.
3. Suggested minimum donation for facility use is $40
4. No smoking in the pavilions or anywhere within the playground
5. No defacing pavilions and picnic tables with tape, nails, staples, sharp objects or graffiti
6. We strongly suggest you use table holders if needed to secure table cloths on picnic tables
7. If you desire to move picnic tables, please return them to the original position you found them
8. Before leaving please make sure all litter is placed in the trash receptacles provided
9. Do not remove trash bags from receptacles unless you replace them with a new bag
10. Do not allow children to bring sand, mulch, stones or any other debris into the pavilions
11. Bathrooms should be used responsibly and maintained appropriately
12. Do not allow children to run and play on picnic table tops
13. No bike riding, skating or blading permitted in the pavilions
14. General Rule – Use Common Sense and treat playground property as if you owned it